How can you fit more exercise into your day, or become more physically active if you haven’t been before? Begin with small starts like these, and build up from there.
- Park your car at the far end of a parking lot, so you have farther to walk to a building's entrance....
- Choose the stairs rather than the elevator.
- Spend part of your lunch break walking.
- On bad-weather days, try walking indoors at a mall.
- Wake up a bit earlier and exercise before you do anything else.
- Use a wearable fitness tracker to count your steps. Try increasing your daily steps by 500 each week with the goal of reaching 10,000 steps per day, a level that can produce many health benefit.